TAMPA, Fla. (FOX 13) - Ongoing updates from Hillsborough County as Hurricane Dorian impacts Florida.
Hillsborough County Public Schools has made the decision to close school on Tuesday, September 3.
The University of South Florida will be closed starting at 10 p.m. Saturday through Tuesday.
Hillsborough County recreation centers will be open on Tuesday, Sept. 3 for parents who need childcare due to school closures.
The program is open to all County residents with children ages 5 to 14. Fees will be waived for the day for children that do not regularly participate in the recreation program. For children already registered, it will be a normal camp day. Parents will need to complete a form at the center before dropping off their child.
The following County recreation centers will be open for childcare from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
• All People's Life Center -6105 E. Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33617
• Earl Simmons Park and Community Center - 5936 Connell Rd., Plant City, FL 33567
• Egypt Lake Park and Community Center - 3126 Lambright Street, Tampa, FL 33614
• Gardenville Park and Community Center - 6219 Symmes Rd., Gibsonton, FL 33534
• Jackson Springs Park and Community Center - 8620 Jackson Springs Rd., Tampa, FL 33615
• Johnson Community Center - 5855 S. 78th St., Tampa, FL 33619
• Keystone Community Center and Sports Complex - 17928 Gunn Hwy, Odessa, FL 33556
• Mango Park and Community Center - 11717 Clay Pit Rd., Seffner, FL 33584
• Northdale Park and Community Center - 15550 Spring Pine Dr., Tampa, FL 33624
• Roy Haynes Park Community Center - 1902 S. Village Ave., Tampa, FL 33612
• Ruskin Park and Community Center - 901 6th St SE., Ruskin, FL 33570
• Thonotosassa Park and Community Center - 10132 Skewlee Rd., Thonotosassa, FL 33592
• Westchase Community Center - 9791 Westchase Dr., Tampa FL 33626
The City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department is offering a free Non-School Day Camp, for ages 5 years old who attend kindergarten to 14 years old, on Tuesday, September 3rd while Tampa Bay Area schools are closed due to Hurricane Dorian. The community centers will be open from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm and parents will need to provide children with a lunch and snack for the day. These camps are open to the public and no RecCard will be required to attend. Parents will be required to complete registration paperwork before dropping their children off at the community center. The paperwork will be available inside all community centers. Space is limited at certain sites which may require relocating to a different facility.
The locations participating in these free Non-School Day Camps are:
• Benito Activity Center, 10065 Cross Creek Blvd, 33647
• Copeland Community Center, 11001 N 15th St., 33612
• Cyrus Greene Community Center, 2101 E Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.,33610
• Desoto Community Center, 2617 Corrine St., 33605
• Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, 2200 N Oregon Ave, 33607
• Fair Oaks Center, 5019 N 34th St., 33610
• Forest Hills Recreation Complex, 724 W 209th Ave, 33612
• Grant Park Activity Center, 3724 N 54th Ave., 33619
• Gwendolyn Miller Center, 6410 N 32nd St., 33610
• Henry & Ola Center, 502 W. Henry Ave., 33604
• Highlands Pines Center, 4505 E 21st Ave., 33605
• Kate Jackson Center, 821 S Rome Ave., 33606
• Kid Mason Center, 1101 N Jefferson St., 33602
• Kwane Doster Center, 7506 S Morton St. 33616
• Loretta Ingraham Complex, 1615 N Hubert Ave., 33607
• Marcelino "Chelo" Huerta Jr. Friendship Center, 4124 W Bay to Bay Blvd, 33629
• NFL YET Jackson Heights Center, 3310 E Lake Ave, 33610
• Oak Park Center, 5300 E 14th Ave, 33619
• Police Athletic League, 1924 W. Diana St. 33604
• Port Tampa Community Center, 4702 W McCoy St. 33616
• Rey Park Center, 2301 N Howard Ave, 33607
• Rowlett Activity Center, 2313 E Yukon St. 33604
• Springhill Center, 201 E Eskimo Ave., 33604
• Temple Crest Center, 8116 N 37th St., 33604
• Wellswood Activity Center, 4918 N Mendenhall Dr., 33603
• Recreation Centers and Art studios not listed will be open normal business hours
Sandbag distribution has ended.
No evacuations ordered.
The Tampa and Gulfport campuses for the Stetson University College of Law will be closed starting 5 p.m. Friday, August 30 through Tuesday, September 3.
Officials say the school is not a designated shelter and will be working with students living on campus dorms to be prepared to evacuate if there are power outages or any other emergency situations occur.
• Hillsborough County's conservation parks and preserves will be closed on Friday, Aug. 30 through Labor Day.
• Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center will be closed on Friday, Aug. 30 through Labor Day.
No shelters have been opened.
You can get information directly from the Hillsborough County EOC at: https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/residents/public-safety/emergency-management