Grease left on stove caused Clearwater condo fire
CLEARWATER (FOX 13) - Eight people were relocated after a two-alarm fire at Top of the World condominiums Thursday.
Officials said Thursday evening, grease left on a stove likely caused the fire. Nine units were destroyed.
Clearwater Fire & Rescue firefighters were called just before 3 p.m. for a fire at 2021 Australia Way West, in unincorporated Pinellas County.
Clearwater crews said between 60 and 70 people were safely evacuated. One firefighter was treated for an injury on the scene.
More than 30 firefighters were on the scene around 3 p.m. The fire was thought to be out shortly after, but re ignited around 4:30 p.m.
It was upgraded to a two-alarm fire around the same time and had spread from the first to the third floor.