ATLANTA (FOX 13) - Arby’s® restaurants said its locations in select states will offer a deer meat sandwich - citing the opening of deer hunting season as the reasoning for the addition to its menu of beef, pork and chicken.
Referring to deer hunting season as "Meats Season," the chain said deer meat would appear on menus in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Georgia beginning in November.
Arby's described the sandwich as having a thick-cut venison steak - marinated in garlic, salt and pepper - and crispy onions topped with a juniper berry sauce on a toasted specialty roll.
"Hunters hunt the meats, and we have the meats, so it makes sense for us to connect with them and offer a sandwich that they can’t get at any other restaurant chain," said Rob Lynch, Chief Marketing Officer and Brand President of Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc.
If you're in Florida, the closest location where you may try the venison sandwich will likely be from November 4-6 at the Arby's located at 4415 Roswell Rd. NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30342. However, if you find yourself in one of the other states, below are dates and locations where deer will be on the menu:
Available Oct. 31-Nov. 3
• 2044 Rosa L. Parks Blvd., Nashville, Tenn. 37228
Available Nov. 4-6
• 3821 Tower Ave., Superior, Wis. 54880
• 1690 Park Place Blvd., St. Louis Park, Minn. 55416
• 704 Highway 33 South, Cloquet, Minn. 55720
• 348 Lincoln Ave. SE, St. Cloud, Minn. 56301
• 3275 First St. S, St. Cloud, Minn. 56301
• 4415 Roswell Rd. NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30342
Available Nov. 12-15
• 4229 W Vienna Rd., Clio, Mich. 48420
• 4040 17 Mile Rd. NE, Cedar Springs, Mich. 49319
• 1215 M 89, Plainwell, Mich. 49080
• 8685 Birch Run Rd., Birch Run, Mich. 48415
Available Nov. 25-28
• 5205 Library Road, Bethel Park, Penn 15102
• 4260 Ohio River Blvd., Bellevue, Penn. 15202
• 16 Towne Center Drive, Leechburg, Penn. 15656
• 2539 W State St., New Castle, Penn. 16101
• 2648 Ellwood Rd., New Castle, Penn. 16101
• 3224 Wilmington Rd., New Castle, Penn.16105