Strawberries are a natural source of antioxidants and vitamin C, which makes them great for nourishing dry skin. Lemon is also a natural source of vitamin C, an ingredient commonly used to lighten sun and age spots and even out skin tone. Vitamin C is a natural astringent that tightens pores and brightens the complexion. Even though Strawberry Lemon Sugar Scrub has a deep, rich, color it will not stain your skin.
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup extra fine granulated sugar
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- Puree strawberries.
- Add sugar, safflower oil, lemon juice and zest and mix well.
- To use, scoop out a handful and gently rub on hands, arms, feet and elbows.
- Package in an airtight container and use within one month.
- If presenting as a gift, place the scrub in a plastic or glass jar with a tight fitting lid and wrap raffia or a ribbon around it. Add a gift tag and that's it!