1 pie dough divided or 2 sheets puff pastry
3 cups leftover carved turkey meat
2 cups leftover gravy
1 cup diced cooked carrots
1 cup green sweet peas
¼ cup cooked onion
1. Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees Farenheit
2. Roll pie dough about 1/2 “ bigger than the oven proof dish. Line the bottom of the dish and cut excess dough from edge of dish. Dock the dough with a fork or weigh down with dry rice or dry beans. Par-bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until dough is opaque. If you are using puff pastry use same process, only dock the dough thoroughly with a fork.
3. Mix turkey with gravy and vegetables.
4. Fill the dish with par baked dough up to ¼” from border.
5. Roll out 2nd piece of dough or puff pastry. Cover the top of the pie and make sure the dough covers up to ¼” below the edge of the dish. Crimp the edge using a fork or your fingers. Vent the center of the dough with a fork in a crisscross pattern. Alternatively make decorative small holes in the top.
6. Bake the pie until the edges of the pie are light golden brown or internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
7. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
• Chef’s note: Chef Castro used in demonstration carrots and mushrooms. Be creative and use your favorite vegetables!