DeSantis proposes law to fine social media companies for 'censorship'

Gov. Ron DeSantis wants a law passed that would fine social media companies $100,000 a day for "de-platforming" a political candidate online.

Twitter permanently bans MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell

Twitter has permanently banned MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell’s account after he continued to perpetuate the false claim that Donald Trump won the 2020 U.S. presidential election.

Judge rules Amazon won't have to restore Parler web service

Amazon won't be forced to immediately restore web service to Parler after a federal judge ruled Thursday against a plea to reinstate the fast-growing social media app, which is favored by followers of former President Donald Trump.

Parler CEO John Matze says platform will welcome users 'back soon' in new status update

Parler resurfaced online with a status update Sunday evening from CEO John Matze to the alternative social media platform's "lovers and haters," noting that the company plans to welcome its users "'back soon."

Florida lawmaker to introduce legislation to boycott social media that blocked Trump

A Florida lawmaker is preparing legislation that would force state and local governments to boycott Twitter, Facebook, Apple, Android and Amazon as a reaction to President Donald Trump being banned from social media.

‘I believe this was the right decision’: Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey speaks out on Trump ban

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey broke his silence on the permanent suspension of President Donald Trump from the social media platform after the violent pro-Trump Capitol riot last week.

First Amendment expert breaks down what the protection means for social media giants

The First Amendment may be misinterpreted by some for protecting their speech in all manners, but really, it protects individuals from government censorship.

Twitter removes more than 70K QAnon-associated accounts following Trump ban

Twitter announced on Monday that it had deleted more than 70,000 accounts associated with the QAnon conspiracy theory following the permanent suspension of President Donald Trump’s account last week.

Lots of police, but pro-Trump protest at San Francisco headquarters turns out to be a bust

Pro-Trump demonstrators were expected to gather at 8 a.m. outside the building on Market Street to protest the company permanently suspending President Trump's account.  But an hour into it, basically media and police were the only ones there. One man with a sign that read, "Counter Trump's Coup," stood outside a police barricade. 

Google Play removes Parler app, Apple reportedly threatens the same

Google Play suspended the Parler app from its store, and Apple has reportedly threatened to do the same if the company does not moderate “objectionable content” within 24 hours.

DC police post 26 pages of riot suspect photos for identification

With advancements in modern technology and the use of social media, tracking down rioters seen in large crowds are easy to track down, experts say.

Mexico leader condemns Facebook, Twitter for blocking Trump

“I don’t like anybody being censored or taking away from the right to post a message on Twitter or Face(book). I don’t agree with that, I don’t accept that,” López Obrador said.

YouTube announces channels posting false election claims will receive strike, suspension

Just one day after President Donald Trump’s social media accounts were blocked, YouTube announced that all channels posting false election claims will now receive a strike and temporary account suspension.

Facebook bans Trump through Biden inauguration, saying risk of his posts is 'too great'

After years of treating President Donald Trump's inflammatory rhetoric with a light touch, Facebook and Instagram are silencing his social media accounts for the rest of his presidency. The move, which many called justified following Wednesday's insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, is also a somber reminder of the enormous power that social-media platforms can exercise when they choose.

Twitter locks Trump's account for 12 hours, threatens permanent suspension

"As a result of the unprecedented and ongoing violent situation in Washington, D.C., we have required the removal of three @realDonaldTrump Tweets that were posted earlier today for repeated and severe violations of our Civic Integrity policy." said the Twitter Safety account.