Ongoing updates from Pasco County as Tropical Storm Eta impacts Florida.
Due to the potential for high winds from Tropical Storm Eta this afternoon, students and staff will be released early Wednesday. All after-school events and activities are canceled.
- Schools that normally release during the 2 o’clock hour (most high schools) will release at 11 a.m.
- Schools that normally release during the 3 o’clock hour (most middle schools) will release at noon.
- Schools that normally release at the 4 o’clock hour (most elementary schools) will release at 1 p.m.
- All district staff will be released by 2 p.m.
School is canceled on Thursday and all district offices are closed. PLACE and STAR Academy will also be closed on Thursday. All events and activities are canceled.
Officials said public schools will reopen Friday, Nov. 13.
Keiser University's New Port Richey campus will be closed Thursday, Nov. 12.
Pasco County has self-serve sandbag stations open 24 hours to help protect your property from potential flooding. Sand and bags are available at the following locations:
- Pasco County Public Works (C-Barn): 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course: 7223 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey
- Pasco Fire Rescue Station 17: 2951 Seven Springs Blvd., New Port Richey
- Veterans Memorial Park: 14333 Hicks Road, Hudson
- Wesley Chapel Park: 7727 Boyette Road, Wesley Chapel
- Land O’ Lakes Recreation Center: 3032 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes
- Pasco County Fire Station #24: 14317 4th Street, Dade City
Note: Sandbag locations are open 24 hours to Pasco County residents; however, sand will only be restocked between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. You should bring a shovel and be prepared to fill your own sandbags.
No evacuations ordered.
No closings have been reported yet.
No shelters have been opened.
You can get information directly from the Pasco County EOC: http://www.pascocountyfl.net/Index.aspx?NID=365