Ongoing updates from Pinellas County as Tropical Storm Eta impacts Florida.
All Pinellas County public schools will have early dismissal Wednesday, Nov. 11 and will be closed Nov. 12.
Wednesday dismissal times:
- High schools: 10 a.m.
- Elementary schools: 11 a.m.
- Middle schools: 12 noon
The University of South Florida closed its campuses at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 11. They will remain closed Thursday, Nov. 12, and are expected to reopen on Friday, Nov. 13. All classes will be delivered remotely on Thursday, Nov. 12 and all USF employees who can work remotely should continue to do so.
Nova Southeastern University's Tampa Bay regional campus in Clearwater will close at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 11.
St. Petersburg College will close Thursday, Nov. 12.
Keiser University's Clearwater campus will be closed Thursday, Nov. 12.
Sandbags are available to city residents, but closed at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
- J.W. Cate – 5801 22nd Avenue North
- Bartlett Park – 22nd Avenue South @ 7th Street South
- Mangrove Bay Golf Course – 875 62nd Avenue NE
- Helen Howarth Equestrian area: 6301 94th Ave
- Pinebrook Park: 7202 118th Ave N
- Broderick Recreation: 6101 66th Ave N
Premade sandbag location:
- Forbes Recreation Center: 6401 94th Avenue
The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) is suspending service on Wednesday, Nov. 11, and will resume service at noon on Thursday, November 12th. This includes all routes and paratransit.
The Sunshine Skyway Bridge has reopened.
The eastbound lanes of the Courtney Campbell Causeway were closed Wednesday night. On Thursday, the city said all lanes were back open, but later retracted that statement. The eastbound lanes remain closed as of Thursday morning.
No evacuations ordered.
All Pinellas County parks will be closing at noon on Wednesday, November 11.
The Sunshine Skyway Bridge was shut down Wednesday due to high winds.
The St. Pete Pier will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 12. No visitors will be allowed on the property.
In Largo, city officials said the following facilities will be closed Wednesday, November 11 at noon and all day Thursday, November 12:
- Largo City Hall
- Largo Public Library
- Highland Recreation Complex
- Southwest Recreation Complex
- Largo Community Center
- The Narrows Environmental Nature Center
- Ross Norton Recreation Complex located at 1426 S. Martin Luther King Je. Ave., Clearwater, FL 33756
- Lealman Exchange located at 5175 45th St. N., St. Petersburg, FL 33714
You can get information directly from the Pinellas County EOC: http://www.pinellascounty.org/emergency/