Good Day Gourmet: Cranberry-Almond Cobbler for the holidays
About 8 servings
- 6 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen, thaw out before baking)
- 1 1/2 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tbs. almond extract
- 1 box of Spice Cake mix
- 2 sticks of butter, softened/room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine filling ingredients in a bowl and pour into a 9-inch pie dish (or similar-sized casserole dish).
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix and brown sugar. Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, "cut" butter into the cake and sugar mix. When the topping has the texture of dry sand, spoon the mixture over the cranberry filling.
- Bake for approx. 55 minutes. (If you notice the topping is browning too much, cover dish with aluminum foil.)
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream!
This recipe and others from Vanessa available on her food blog: www.foodshelikes.com!