TAMPA, Fla. (FOX 13) - Looking to change up your burgers? Dr. BBQ cooks up a delicious mushroom gravy to top these sliders, in tonight’s One-Hour Supper.
- 1¼ pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Seasoned salt
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ pound sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon gravy master
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound cooked rotini pasta
- Form the ground beef into eight equal-sized patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Season the burgers lightly with seasoned salt. Place them in the pan and cook until well browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip and brown the second side.
- Remove the burgers to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for about four minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the flour and mix until incorporated. Cook about 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the beef broth, soy sauce, gravy master and black pepper. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and cook until the gravy is thickened, about another 10 minutes.
- Serve the burgers and gravy with cooked hot pasta.
YIELD: Makes 4 servings