TAMPA, Fla. (FOX 13) - Looking to spice up dinner? Dr. BBQ offer his twist on that old standby, quesadillas, in tonight’s One-Hour Supper.
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound smoked pulled pork with no sauce
- 2 cups shredded Jack cheese
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- ½ stick butter
- Sour cream
- In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Mix well.
- Set ½ cup of the pineapple mixture aside to use for garnish later. Add the pork to the bowl and mix well. Let rest for 15 minutes, then mix again. Taste the mixture and add salt if desired.
- Using half of the cheese, spread it evenly on one half of each of the tortillas. Top each with an even portion of the pork mixture pushing it down to flatten, then top that with the remaining cheese. Fold the tortillas over and press lightly to flatten.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt a quarter of the butter. Add two of the quesadillas and cook until browned, then flip and cook until the second side is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat with the remaining quesadillas until all are finished.
- Garnish each with a dollop of sour cream and a bit of the reserved pineapple mixture.
Makes 8 servings