TAMPA, Fla. - Salmon and asparagus sounds fancy, but it doesn't take a lot of work. In fact, Dr. BBQ's version is perfect for a One-Hour Supper.
- Six 6-oz pieces salmon filet
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- Olive oil
- Granulated garlic
Sesame teriyaki glaze:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable spray. Brush the salmon pieces with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Place them on one half of the baking sheet skin-side down.
- In a large pan, toss the asparagus with a liberal coating of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and granulated garlic and toss well.
- Place on the other half of the baking sheet in a single layer. Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the glaze by whisking all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. After the first 10 minutes of cooking, spoon half of the glaze mixture evenly over the salmon filets. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Spoon the remaining glaze mixture over the top of the salmon filets. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the salmon. Toss the asparagus and return to the oven. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the asparagus.
- To serve, add one piece of salmon to each plate, then divide the asparagus evenly among the plates.
YIELD: Makes six servings