TAMPA, Fla. (FOX 13) - It's hard to go wrong with an Italian classic like chicken saltimbocca. It's what Dr. BBQ is cooking up for this week's One-Hour Supper.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup white wine
- 6 chicken cutlets, about ½ inch thick
- 12 small sage leaves
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 6 ounces shaved fontina cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Add the butter and wine to a 9x13 pan and put it in the oven for 5 minutes until the pan is hot and the butter is melted.
- Meanwhile season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Top each cutlet with two sage leaves. Wrap each cutlet in a slice of the prosciutto.
- Roll the butter and wine around in the pan to mix. Lay the cutlets in the pan, pretty side up. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top the cutlets with the cheese, distributing it evenly among them. Return to the oven and cook for another 20-30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked to an internal temp of at least 160°.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and top with any pan juices.
Makes 6 servings.