WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. (FOX 13) - The Florida Hospital Center Ice facility in Wesley Chapel was evacuated Wednesday afternoon due to carbon monoxide levels, according to Pasco County Fire Rescue.
Firefighters were at the rink attending to a person who fell and hit their head while skating.
While there, their CO monitoring badges started alerting them to higher-than-normal levels, so firefighters evacuated the building, out of an abundance of caution.
Pasco Fire Rescue said their CO monitors issue an alert at a very low level, so the threat was minimal.
Between 250 and 300 people were evacuated from the ice rink. One person was taken to the hospital.