TAMPA, Fla. - In preparation for Hurricane Elsa, several Bay Area counties and cities are offering limited supplies of sandbags.
Sandbags will be available for Hillsborough County residents beginning Monday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Residents must show a driver’s license or utility bill and are limited to 10 sandbags per family. Sandbag locations include:
- Edward Medard Conservation Park, 6140 Turkey Creek Road in Plant City
- E.G. Simmons Conservation Park, 240 19th Ave. NW in Ruskin
- Ed Radice Park, 14720 Ed Radice Drive in Tampa
City of Tampa
The city of Tampa will offer sandbags beginning Monday from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Residents must show a driver’s license or utility bill and are limited to 10 sandbags per family.
- Al Barnes Park South, 2902 N. 32nd St.
- Himes Avenue Complex, 4501 S. Himes Ave.
- MacFarlane Park, 1700 North MacDill Avenue
Self-service sandbags will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, July 3 and 4 at the 49th Street Neighborhood Center, 1617 49th Street South. There is a 10-bag limit and proof of residency may be required.
The city of Gulfport Information Call Center will open for preparedness questions beginning Sunday, July 4 at 8 a.m. Call 727-893-1000.
Sandbags will be available at the following Pinellas Park locations on Saturday, July 3 from 12 - 5 p.m. and July 4 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Residents are limited to 10 bags and must show a water bill and/or valid driver's license indicating they are a resident of Pinellas Park in order to receive their sandbags.
- Helen Howarth Park: 6301 94th Ave N. Pinellas Park, FL
- Pinebrook Park: 7202 118th Ave N. Pinellas Park, FL
- Broderick Park: 6101 66th Ave N. Pinellas Park, FL
Manatee County will have self-service sandbags available Sunday from 12- 7 p.m. and from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday at the Stormwater Facility, located at 5511 39 Street East, Bradenton, FL 34203.
Manatee County residents are limited to 10 sandbags per household.
Four sandbag locations are open in Pasco County until further notice:
• W.H. Jack Mitchell, Jr., Park: 4825 Little Road, New Port Richey
• Veterans Memorial Park: 14333 Hicks Road, Hudson
• Magnolia Valley Golf Course: 7223 Massachusetts Avenue, New Port Richey
• Pasco County Public Works (C-Barn): 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
Sandbag sites are self-serve and open 24/7 to Pasco County residents. Sandbags are provided, but you must bring your own shovels to fill the bags. Crews will restock sand piles between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Sand and sandbags will be available beginning Saturday, July 3 through Monday, July 5, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the following Hernando County location. Residents must bring their own shovels.
Linda Pedersen Park
6300 Shoal Line Boulevard
Spring Hill, FL 34609
This self-serve sandbag site will remain open until weather conditions begin to deteriorate.