TAMPA (FOX 13) - A father accused of killing the mother of his children and his 9-year-old daughter has been found incompetent to stand trial.
Doctors evaluated Ronnie O'Neal and said he is not mentally fit for what's ahead.
Now, he's headed to a state hospital.
O'Neal interrupted a hearing Thursday, telling the judge he would "like to be heard."
However, Hillsborough Circuit Judge Samantha Ward only wanted to hear from the three doctors who evaluated O'Neal.
They all came to the same conclusion. O'Neal was found incompetent to stand trial.
He is accused of killing the mother of his children, Kenyatta Barron. During the attack she called 911, begging for her life and saying she had been shot.
In audio from her call to 911, Kenyatta is heard saying, "I'm sorry Ronnie," followed by a loud scream.
She did not make it out of the house alive.
Detectives say O’Neal’s next victim, his 9-year-old daughter, had stab wounds and severe trauma to her neck. She was found near her mother
According to prosecutors, he then attacked his 8-year-old son, Ronnie Jr.; stabbing him multiple times.
The boy suffered a collapsed lung, his intestines were exposed, and he had burns over 20 percent of his body.
But little Ronnie survived and was able to tell paramedics, "My dad shot my mom."
Weeks after his arrest, O'Neal wrote a letter to the judge demanding that his son be barred from talking to detectives and used as a prosecution witness against him.
He also ranted about the media coverage on his case.
"Making me out to be a menace to society, making false allegations, and accusations before there is a thorough investigation. This is an attack on my good name," said O'Neal.
O'Neal is headed to a state hospital for treatment and will not return until he is fit to face the charges against him.