HUDSON (FOX 13) - Pasco County government officials are recommending voluntary evacuations, and have also issued a local state of emergency for the county.
Hurricane Michael is expected to make an impact along coast areas, and a Storm Surge Warning was issued for Pasco County to the north.
The following residents should evacuate, according to county officials:
- Anyone living west of U.S. 19 in areas vulnerable to potential storm surge
- Special needs residents living west of U.S.
- Anyone living in low-lying areas along rivers or inland areas that have experienced flooding in the past
- Anyone living in a building that has experienced flooding following heavy rain events
The recommended evacuation map for those residents can be viewed by clicking here.
If residents cannot find shelter with neighbors, relatives or friends, they can evacuate directly to the Fasano Regional Hurricane Shelter, located at 11611 Denton Avenue in Hudson. It is a pet-friendly shelter.
Transportation for residents needing special assistance to get to the shelter can call Pasco County Customer Service at (727) 847-2411.
The following self-serve sandbag locations are open 24 hours until further notice:
- Fire Station #17, 2951 Seven Springs Blvd, New Port Richey
- Veterans Memorial Park, 14333 Hicks Rd, Hudson
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course Clubhouse, 7223 Massachusetts Ave, New Port Richey
- C-Barn, 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio