HONOLULU (FOX 13) - Samsung will stop selling the plagued Galaxy Note7 after getting new reports of smoke and fire coming from replacement phones.
The announcement came Tuesday as video surfaced from a Hawaii family’s surveillance system of a woman holding a smoldering phone.
Dee Decasa says she was actually checking the Samsung website - on her Galaxy Note7 - to make sure everything was OK with her replacement phone. That’s when smoke started pouring out of the device.
In the video from her home surveillance system, you can see her rush over to her husband with the smoking phone. That’s when they called 911.
Thankfully, she wasn't injured. Decasa says the phone was still sizzling when police arrived 20 minutes later.