Good Day Gourmet: Crispy shrimp with creamy chili sauce
- 24 large shrimp, peeled, de-veined & tails off
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Green onion scallions, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. Chili-Garlic sauce (add a bit more for extra kick!)
- 1 tbs. honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Fill a large pot with a few inches of vegetable oil, and turn stove top on medium-high heat.
- Place shrimp in a zip-top bag (gallon-size preferably), and add flour. Seal bag and shake until the shrimp are thoroughly coated. Save the bag.
- In a plastic food storage container (that has a lid), whisk an egg. Using a fork or tongs, pick out the shrimp and place them in the egg mixture. Seal the lid and shake the container so the shrimp are coated in egg.
- Re-using the zip-top bag, add the shrimp and Panko bread crumbs. Shake again, until the shrimp are covered in breading.
- Fry in hot vegetable oil, about 4 minutes, or until shrimp are golden brown, turning them over halfway through the frying process to brown evenly.
- Drain the shrimp on a paper towel.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Toss the shrimp in the sauce, or spoon the sauce over the shrimp.
This recipe and others from Vanessa available on her food blog: www.foodshelikes.com!