TAMPA, Fla. (FOX 13) - Trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables? Dr. BBQ has a recipe for you in this week’s One Hour Supper.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 can baby corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 6 green onions, cut thinly on the bias (reserve a bit of the green for garnish)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth or water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cooked white rice
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add the bell pepper and stir fry for about a minute.
- Add the broccoli and corn and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes until the bell pepper begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green onions and shrimp. Season lightly with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the shrimp are opaque.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, broth, lime juice and cornstarch. Add it and continue stirring and cooking until everything is hot and incorporated.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with the sesame oil.
- Garnish with reserved green onion.
- Serve with cooked white rice and additional soy sauce.