WESLEY CHAPEL (FOX 13) - A freon gas leak forced the evacuation of a hotel in Pasco County Friday night.
Pasco County Fire Rescue responded to the Quality Inn on Wesley Chapel Boulevard for the Haz-Mat situation.
About 175 people - some of whom were staying at the hotel after being displaced during Hurricane Irma - were evacuated.
Officials said the hotel's main air conditioner began leaking freon gas, sending a "large plume" through four of the hotel's floors.
Crews were on scene, clearing the building. Tampa fire was requested for mutual aid.