Stranger found sleeping in Tarpon Springs home refused to leave, police say

A man is behind bars after police say he broke into a family's home, fell asleep in a child's bed and then refused to leave after being woken up by the child's aunt who eventually called 911.

Jennifer Gosselin was babysitting her niece and nephew early Thursday morning when she says the two kids woke her up saying a strange man was asleep in one their beds. She says she tried to wake him up, but he wouldn’t leave so she called 911.

7-year-old Cace Souther walked into his room early Thursday morning to find 30-year-old Christopher Weyh asleep in his child-sized bed.

“I saw somebody laying in my bed so I told my sister," Cace said.

The two kids rushed to tell their aunt Jennifer Gosselin who was babysitting them at the time.

“I came in here and indeed there was a man possibly intoxicated sleeping in bed, that just did not want to wake up or leave the house,” Gosselin said.

Jennifer was watching over the kids while their mother Jessica Gosselin headed  in to her nursing job around 5 a.m. Thursday, leaving the front  door unlocked.

Jennifer tried her best to wake the man up.

“At  first, I was a just saying wake up and then I shook him and then I really shook him and I took the blankets off of him and he just wasn’t having any of it,” Gosselin said.

Jennifer rushed to the neighbor's house and called 911.

Several cruisers responded to the home. Officers were forced to use a stun gun to subdue the man before taking him out of the home in handcuffs.

Mom Jessica Gosselin learned about what happened through a phone call.

“Pure panic came over me," Gosselin said. "Of course, I left crying so once I get a hold of someone and kind of calm down a little bit my sister had told me what happened.”

Jessica says she's just thankful no one hurt and says she’ll think twice before leaving her door unlocked and hopes other parents do the same.

“Very scary as a parent. I’m sure all parents can related to that,” Gosselin said.

Weyh is being charged with trespassing, resisting arrest without violence and two counts of violating probation. He remains in the Pinellas County Jail.