Missouri firefighters push veteran home after electric wheelchair battery stopped working

Three firefighters from Missouri have received online praise over a good deed.

Video from the Raytown Fire Protection District in Missouri showed the firefighters pushing a veteran in a wheelchair up a hill. The battery for the electric wheelchair died.

"What happens when a firetruck comes upon a citizen whose electric wheelchair has stopped working," the fire protection district captioned the video. "You get out and help them home."

Deputy chief Mike Hunley told Yahoo Lifestyle that the man was heading to a small pond to fish, but his wheelchair got stuck in mud. 

The firefighters freed the veteran and pushed him back home for about a mile, reports WDAF.