TAMPA, Fla. - FOX 13 is again teaming up with the American Cancer Society for its Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks to raise money and awareness for the disease.
One in eight women will develop breast cancer at some point in her lifetime.
For 30 years, the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 3 and 5-mile non-competitive walks have grown into the nation's largest breast cancer movement.
The walks are a chance to have fun, inspire and support the cause and those facing the battle.
Here is a list of walks in the Bay Area:
- Saturday, October 8- Making Strides of Pasco-Hernando – The Shops at Wiregrass - Wesley Chapel
- Saturday, October 8- Making Strides of Polk County - Lake Mirror Promenade - Lakeland
- Saturday, October 14- Making Strides of Pinellas - Vinoy Park - St. Petersburg
- Saturday, October 22- Making Strides of Sarasota-Manatee - Nathan Benderson Park - Sarasota
- Saturday, October 29- Making Strides of Tampa-Raymond James Stadium - Tampa
LINK: Click here for registration and event information.