THOMASVILLE, Ga. (FOX 35 WOFL) - Flower Foods, Inc. has issued a voluntary recall on Mrs. Freshley's and other brands of Swiss Rolls and Captain John Derst's Old Fashion Bread, as stated on their website.
Swiss Rolls (sold under the brand names Mrs. Freshley's, Food Lion, H-E-B, Baker's Treat, Market Square, and Great Value distributed nationwide) and Captain John Derst's Old Fashion Bread (distributed in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina) are being recalled due to the potential presence of Salmonella in an ingredient, whey powder.
Flower Foods, Inc. says the recall was initiated by a third-party whey powder manufacturer and supplier. No illnesses have been reported in connection with the recalled items.
The recalled products are:
- Mrs. Freshley's -- UPC Number: 072250011907
- Mrs. Freshley's -- UPC Number: 072250903233
- Food Lion -- UPC Number: 035826092779
- H-E-B -- UPC Number: 041220296583
- Baker's Treat -- UPC Number: 041498188382
- Market Square -- UPC Number: 087381760556
- Great Value -- UPC Number: 078742147550
- Captain John Derst's Old Fashioned Bread -- UPC Number: 071316001180
Consumers should not consume these products.
See more HERE.