TAMPA (FOX 13) - It's summertime, and it's hot, which inspired this light and colorful recipe. Vanessa put together a peach and mango salsa recipe to help bring relief to those high temperatures in Florida.
Watch the video above for directions; here's what you'll need to make it:
1 peach, peeled and finely diced
1 mango, peeled and finely diced
1 cup red onion, finely diced
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, finely diced
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1 cup of tomatoes, seeded and diced
Juice of 2 limes
2 tbsp. sugar
4 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Corn or flour tortillas, cut into triangles
1/2 tbsp. salt
1/4 tbsp. paprika
1/4 tbsp. garlic powder
1) Mix together salsa ingredients in a bowl. Cover and let chill for several minutes up to overnight.
2) Fill a pot with a few inches of canola oil and place on high heat. Oil is hot enough for frying when a tortilla triangle placed in the pot immediately begins sizzling.
3) Fry tortillas in batches, turning frequently with a cooking spider or wire skimmer.
4) When tortillas are light brown and crisped, remove them from the oil to a cooling rack.
5) Sprinkle with a mixture of salt and spices and let cool.