The Love Chef is in the Good Day Tampa Bay kitchen today, cooking up Icelandic cod with rye crumb dressing.
Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it for yourself:
- 4 6oz cod filets
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup sweet unsalted butter
- Two hard boiled eggs/ chopped
- 2 slices dark whole grain rye bread (process in food processor into breadcrumbs)
- 1 ounce anise flavored liqueur ( like anisette or Sambuca)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Drizzle EVOO on both sides of fish
- Season with salt and pepper and bake until cooked through (about 20-30 minutes)
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet. Add bread crumbs and sauté until toasted
- Mix in chopped eggs, then add liquor
- Spoon dressing over cooked fillets and serve.
- Garnish if desired with fresh dill