Citrus County: Hurricane Ian updates and emergency information
Follow ongoing updates from Citrus County in response to Ian.
CITRUS COUNTY EVACUATIONS:
Officials have issued a mandatory evacuation order for residents in Zone A, which includes all low-lying areas west of U.S. Highway 19 and some areas additional areas east of U.S. Highway 19. All other areas are advised to voluntarily evacuate, especially those citizens living in mobile homes, manufactured homes, and recreational vehicles throughout the county.
CITRUS COUNTY CLOSINGS:
Jury Duty for the Citrus County Clerk of Courts is canceled for Tuesday, September 27.
The Florida Department of Health in Citrus County will be closed Wednesday, September 28 and Thursday, September 29.
CITRUS COUNTY SHELTERS:
Shelters will be opening at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27 at the following locations. Officials stress to use the public shelters as a last resort.
- Forest Ridge Elementary School (Special Needs) - 2927 North Forest Ridge Blvd., Hernando, FL 34442
- Lecanto Primary (Pet Friendly) - 3790 W Educational Path, Lecanto, FL 34461
- Central Ridge Elementary School (General Population) - 185 West Citrus Springs Blvd., Citrus Springs, FL 34434
- Citrus High School (General Population) - 600 West Highland Blvd., Inverness, FL 34452
If you're heading to a shelter, officials say to bring the following:
- A 72-hour supply of all required medications
- All medical equipment and supplies (oxygen tanks, etc.) required for those with special needs
- Personal information (Identification with photo)
- Any special dietary needs or food (must be non-perishable)
- Extra batteries or an external power supply for electronic devices
Sexual offenders must report to the Citrus County Detention Facility to seek shelter if needed. The facility is located at 2604 W Woodland Ridge Dr., Lecanto, FL 34461.
CITRUS COUNTY SANDBAGS:
Sandbag distribution locations are closed.
CITRUS COUNTY SCHOOLS:
Citrus County Schools will be closed Wednesday, September 28 and Thursday, September 29. After-school programs and extracurricular activities are canceled beginning Tuesday, September 27 through Thursday, September 29.
The Diocese of St. Petersburg ordered all Catholic Schools and Early Learning Centers to close from Tuesday, September 27 through Thursday, September 29. This includes Catholic schools in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties.
CITRUS COUNTY MORE INFORMATION:
You can get information directly from the Citrus County EOC.
LATEST STORM UPDATES:
Get updates on Hurricane Ian's track and forecast on MyFoxHurricane.com
Closures and emergency information by county:
- Citrus County updates
- DeSoto County updates
- Hardee County updates
- Hernando County updates
- Highlands County updates
- Hillsborough County updates
- Manatee County updates
- Pasco County updates
- Pinellas County updates
- Polk County updates
- Sarasota County updates
- New to Florida? Here’s a guide to help prepare for your first hurricane season
- 2022 storm prep & shopping list (PDF)
- Get latest updates on storm tracks, models, and more at MyFoxHurricane.com.